CIK Mission Transition Programme 2019-2020
Our transition programme “Treoir Nua” is in its second year and has been designed to help students with the transition from primary to post-primary school.
The following is an outline of the events we have organised to facilitate this transition for our incoming 1st year students in 2019/2020.
- Step 1: Principal will visit Primary Schools and meet with 6th & 5th class pupils in each school, this takes place in October (Completed)
- Step 2: School Open Night – Tuesday 23rd October 2018 from 7.00pm – 9.00pm (Completed)
- Step 3: 2019/2020 Application forms returned to the school by Friday 16th November 2018 (Completed)
- Step 4: Coláiste Iósaef issues acceptance letters week beginning Monday 3rd December 2018 (Completed)
- Step 5: Student profiling takes place on Saturday 19th January 2019 from 10.00am – 12.30pm. Breakfast for students and all parents/guardians from 9.30am (Completed)
- Step 6: Meeting for Parents/Guardians of all incoming First Years in February 2019 (Completed)
- Step 7: Access to Post Primary Subjects for new students on Thursday 25th April 2019 (Completed)
- Step 8: Meeting for Parents/Guardians of all incoming First Years in May & August 2019. (Ongoing)
- Step 9: School requests educational passport from primary school in June 2019. (Completed)
- Step 10: Meetings arranged in school to meet with Principal – June/July/August 2019. (Ongoing)
- Step 11: Phased return to classes for all students – August 2019
- Step 12: Meeting for all Parents/Guardians to review first few weeks in school – September 2019