LCVP is similar to the Traditional Leaving Certificate with the added opportunity to enhance business skills by taking a course in Enterprise Education, Preparation for Work and Information Technology.
LCVP can help Students to:-
- Take responsibility for their own learning
- Become more innovative and enterprising
- Develop key skills for the modern working environment
- Network with people in business and the community
- Communicate thoughts and ideas effectively
- Access and use computers and audio-visual equipment
Students wishing to take the LCVP must include specific subject combinations in their choice of subjects for the Leaving Certificate.
- At least five Leaving Certificate subjects plus the Link Modules, one of which must be Irish
- Two of the above subjects must be selected from one of the designated Vocational Subject Groupings
- Two Link Modules: Preparation for the World of Work and Enterprise Education
- A recognised course in a Modern European Language other than Irish or English
1 Construction Studies; Engineering; Design and Communication Graphics; Technology – Any Two
2 Physics and Construction Studies or Engineering or Technology or Design & Communication Graphics
3 Agricultural Science and Construction Studies or Engineering or Technology or Design & Communication Graphics
4 Agricultural Science and Chemistry or Physics or Physics/Chemistry
5 Home Economics; Agricultural Science; Biology – Any Two
6 Home Economics and Art – Design Option or Craft Option
7 Accounting; Business; Economics – Any two
8 Physics and Chemistry
9 Biology and Chemistry or Physics or Physics/Chemistry 10 Biology and Agricultural Science 11 Art – Design Option or Craft Option and Design & Communication Graphics
12 Engineering or Technology or Construction Studies or Design & Communication Graphics and Accounting or Business or Economics
13 Home Economics and Accounting or Business or Economics
14 Agricultural Science and Accounting or Business or Economics
15 Art Design or Craftwork Option and Accounting or Business or Economics
16 Music and Accounting or Business or Economics
LCVP students receive the same certificate as other Leaving Certificate students but their Certificate includes an additional statement of the results of the Link Modules.
Grades for the Link Modules are as follows:
- Distinction 80% – 100%
- Merit 65% – 79%
- Pass 50% – 64%
The Link Modules are recognised for points purposes by the Institutes of Technology and the Universities.