The Role of the Board
A board of management for an ETB school has a clear remit to manage that school on behalf of the ETB (and the Trustee Partner in the case of a designated community college), in accordance with legislation; Department of Education and Skills (DES) circulars, guidelines and procedures; and any policies or strategies that the ETB may establish regarding the operation of its schools.
The primary role of a board of management is one of governance. Governance is about providing direction and oversight for a school while ensuring that the rights of all members of the school community are upheld and that the school is accountable for its work.
The functions of a board may, in the main, be categorised under three different headings:
- Policy setting and Strategic planning
- Monitoring the implementation of policy, strategy and school development plans
- Supporting the principal and school staff
Coláiste Iósaef Board Members
- Canon William Fitzmaurice (Chairperson)
- Mr Noel Kelly (Board Secretary)
- Sr Teresa Murphy
- Mr Noel Ryan
- Ms Anne Marie Connery
- Ms Michele Daly
- Ms Eileen Fehin
- Councillor Michael Donegan
- Councillor Richard O’Donoghue
- Mr Sean Kennedy
- Mr Michael O’Connor
- Ms Marita Herbert (Recording Secretary)
A new board will be in place from October/November 2019. The new board will serve a term of 3 years.