The Role of the Board
A board of management for an ETB school has a clear remit to manage that school on behalf of the ETB (and the Trustee Partner in the case of a designated community college), in accordance with legislation; Department of Education and Skills (DES) circulars, guidelines and procedures; and any policies or strategies that the ETB may establish regarding the operation of its schools.
The primary role of a board of management is one of governance. Governance is about providing direction and oversight for a school while ensuring that the rights of all members of the school community are upheld and that the school is accountable for its work.
The functions of a board may, in the main, be categorised under three different headings:
- Policy setting and Strategic planning
- Monitoring the implementation of policy, strategy and school development plans
- Supporting the principal and school staff
Coláiste Iósaef Board Members
- Canon William Fitzmaurice (Chairperson)
- Mr. Noel Kelly – Principal (Board Secretary)
- Sr. Teresa Murphy (Trustee Nominee)
- Mr. Michael O’Connor (Trustee Nominee)
- Ms. Michele Daly (Staff Nominee)
- Mr. Brian Finn (Staff Nominee)
- Councillor Michael Donegan (LCETB Nominee)
- Councillor Brigid Teefy (LCETB Nominee)
- Mr. Tom Bulfin (Community Nominee)
- Marie O’Brien (Parent Nominee)
- Garreth Bowen (Parent Nominee)
- Ms. Marita Herbert – Deputy Principal (Recording Secretary)
Board of Management Meeting Schedule 2020/2021
- Wednesday 26th August 2020 – Click HERE for the BOM Agreed Report
- Monday 12th October 2020 – Click HERE for the BOM Agreed Report
- Monday 7th December 2020 – Deferred until Monday 11th January 2021.
- Monday 11th January 2021 – Click HERE for BOM Agreed Report.
- Monday 8th March 2021
- Monday 26th April 2021
- Monday 7th June 2021